Just a couple of quick notes:
- Just because you join the School of Soccer this doesn't ensure who you'll be training with. Everyday is a tryout for our School and students are required to work
their way up the ranks. This is our way of instilling work ethic, commitment, pride, and commitment.
- We have a no drama policy. It's our way or no way.
- A lot of players who have been expelled due to parent's opinions of where they thought their child belonged, etc....
- And drama between players will not be tolerated. Instead of deciding between one player or another we normally release the players if it causes an issue for the
greater good of the other students.
- Timeliness if Godliness - all players need to arrive on time. If you are later than 15 minutes late to any session we will not allow you attend.
- You are asked to inform us if you signed up for a session and cannot attend. If you sign up and are a no show we will still charge for that session. Some of the
classes consist of on or two players on certain days so trainers will be compensated for their time and attendance.
- Also just a friendly reminder we do make cuts in the school if we feel the player is not working on their own or dedicating time physical fitness.
- BALL WORK : We normally ask for at least 15 minutes of ball a work a day. If they can't do it daily at least 5 times a week. See below in policies on this page or
fitness policy page.
1) Release Form – Each student must fill out a release form in order to begin training at the School of Soccer.
2) Contact Information – Please be sure to include the student’s name, phone number, and email address as well as his/her parents’ names, phone numbers,
and email addresses on the School of Soccer Release Form. Let us know if the student and/or parents are willing to share their contact information with other
students and parents within the School of Soccer in order to arrange carpool options.
3) Signing Up For Sessions – A schedule will be posted on the School of Soccer website each week that will include the time slots available for training the
following week. In order for the student to attend a training session, he/she must contact us via phone, text, or email to sign up at least three days prior to the desired
training session. If the student signs up for a particular session and does not attend, the cancellation fee will be enforced, which amounts to the total cost of the
training session. If the student shows up for a session that he/she did not sign up for, it is up to the discretion of the assigned trainer to allow or deny the student’s
4) Student/Team Attire – Students must adhere to the School of Soccer dress code, which includes a white t-shirt, black shorts, and longs socks. If the student is
participating in a team training session, each student must wear matching practice shirts, black shorts, and matching long socks. Each student must also bring a pair
of running shoes and a jacket to every training session.
5) Student/Team Equipment – When the student arrives at the field, his/her bag should be lined up single file facing the same direction with his/her water jug and
ball lined up accordingly with the other participating students’ equipment.
6) Training Equipment – Equipment set up and break down is the responsibility of the students. More equipment will be used if this policy is respected; however, if
the students neglect their responsibility, less equipment will be brought to their training sessions.
7) Parent Attendance – We are more than happy to have parents attend the student’s training sessions; however, to ensure that all students fully concentrate on
their session and significantly optimizes their time, we ask that the parents observe at least fifty yards away from the training area.
8) Session Duration – Our trainers have a tendency to run the sessions longer than the assigned hour; however, if it is desired that we end the session at the
hour mark, please let us know so that we may accommodate that request. If the student needs to leave the session early, please inform us at the start of the session,
so we may release him/her on time.
9) Punctuality – This is a requirement that will be enforced. We would like each player to be at the field at least fifteen minutes prior to his/her assigned session
fully suited in order to help unload and set up the equipment as well as warm up before the session begins. If the student arrives late without notifying us of his/her
tardiness, fitness requirements will be enforced. If the student misses more than fifty percent of the session, he/she may not participate in the session. We understand
that traffic and other emergencies can be an issue; therefore, if a student is going to be late, please notify us via phone, text, or email as soon as possible.
10) Cancellations – If the student is not able to attend his/her assigned session, he/she has 24 hours from the start of that session to inform us of the
cancellation via phone, text, or email in order to avoid the cancellation fee, which amounts to the total cost of the training session. The earlier we are informed, the
better, so as to ensure a productive training session for all those involved. We understand that emergencies can occur and in those cases we will waive the
cancellation fee. For teams that have requested a team field session, cancellations due to weather must be made no less than one hour before the start of the
session via phone, text, or email in order to avoid the cancellation fee, which amounts to the total cost of the training session.
11) Fitness Requirements – Fitness is an important asset in order for a student to perform to the best of his/her ability.
Also just a friendly reminder we do make cuts in the school if we feel the player is not working on their own or dedicating time physical fitness.
BALL WORK: We normally ask for at least 15 minutes of ball a work a day. If they can't do it daily at least 5 times a week.
RUNNING we follow a weekly running pyramid it is also in the chart below. Sprinting Circuits click on this link
Under age 12 Age 12 and Above
Day 1: 1 miles Day 1: 2 miles
Day 2: 1.5 miles Day 2: 2.5 miles
Day 3: 2 miles Day 3: 3 miles
Day 4: Optional Rest Day Day 4: Optional Rest Day
Day 5: 1.5 miles Day 5: 2.5 miles
Day 6: 1 miles Day 6: 2 miles
Day 7: Optional Rest Day Day 7: Optional Rest Day
Core we would like about 15 minutes of core per week. If you follow the video you don't have to think just follow.
Jump rope I would like to have this at least 4 times a week to get players on their toes. A lot of them lack the hop
and speed which hinders their development. Adding this to their workout will be a huge help to us helping them.
Watch the demo then start jumping when music gets fast. Video is only 3 minutes so 6 sets would be ideal.
BALLWORK : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATyxW57ttic&feature=youtu.be
Set two cones 6 yards yards apart - down and back is 1 set do two sets of everything
JUMP ROPE https://youtu.be/XmixyYZ2VQs
12) Player Profiles – If the student is interested in building his/her player profile, we are more than happy to do so. Please contact MJ via phone, text, or email
and she will send the student a profile form to fill out and return with any photos and videos that may enhance his/her profile. Please refer to the player profiles on the
School of Soccer website to get an idea of what would be appropriate.
School of Soccer Policies